Leggy I’m new — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Leggy I’m new

Options
Leggy
Leggy Community member Posts: 18 Listener
hi new to scope I’m registered disabled although prefer to say I am unable to do some things. I broke my back 20 years ago plus surgeon made a medical desition to not sow up small nick on dura sac long story but I caught meningitis 3 strains in hospital long time in wheelchair for months left with epilepsy. Now I’m a widow. Glad I’ve joined scope . Like talking to like minded people.

Comments

• debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Leggy
    My name is Debbie and also new to Scope.  I don't really know what i'm doing but i have replied to a few comments to other people's situations in the hope that i may help them. This forum is truly amazing.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Leggy

Good evening & welcome!!! 

Please please have a good look around & please let me know if I can help you with????
  • Leggy
    Options
    Hi Debbie I agree it’s brilliant don’t feel so isolated. I am a friendly person and find it hard to meet genuine people Some people have let me down . I’ve been told I’m to trusting I suppose I am but learning as I get older 
  • debkenzo
    Options
    Hi Leggy.  This forum has made me aware that there are so many people in similar situations and this helps to me make us feel less alone.  Trust is a major policy of mine and I understand how it feels to be betrayed etc.  Genuine people are out there and we must take the risk to get to know people and then find out their worth!  At the moment though, I am not allowing anyone new into my life! After saying this, here I am sharing stuff but it feels safe on this forum.  Try not to allow the people who have let you down to change you from a trusting person, just have your guard up a little for self-protection!

• Leggy
    Options
    Debbie your so right, I’m looking towards next year try to be more positive. Yes this site seems safe great for info and I like to listen to others and hope my experiences help them in some way.
  • debkenzo
    Options
    It somehow lessens the load to share our troubles! It gives a great sense of satisfaction to help others :)

Brightness