Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have a pip reassesment on the 11th of decembe and wanted to no my nxt pip payment is due on the 22nd december would i still get my payment whilst my pip assesement is being looked at i,m totally scared of these assesements this will be the third one in 4 years i was,nt suppose to be reviewed until nxt year as it runs out in september 2018 i sent my medical notes to capita and the dwp and sent my ct scan results into them i asked for a home visit as i struggle breathing in the cold weather as i,ve got pulmonary fibrosis of the lungs i also been diagnosed as having autism and suffer with depression stress panic and anxiety attacks i dnt like leaving the house and going to strange places the doc wanted £25 for a letter which i can not afford any help advice would be grateful

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @freckles,

Our benefits advisors are receiving a large volume of enquires at the moment, but somebody will be in touch ASAP with further information for you.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi freckles,

You will still get your usual PIP payments whilst they are reassessing you, only if you get a negative decision on your entitlement after the assessment will your payments reduce or stop so don't worry about your next payment. 
    The DWP unfortunately are reviewing claimants sooner than when their PIP award runs out but there is nothing in law to stop them doing this.
    The medical provider will ask for a letter from your GP advising that you can't travel and why before they consider a home assessment. It is really unfortunate that your GP wants you to pay £25 for such a letter - if only you explained how important it is to you that your income remains stable and what it would do to your health if you had to travel to an assessment centre maybe your GP might do it for free. I hope everything goes ok for you and that PIP make the right decision on your entitlement.

Lee

The Benefits Training Co:

• freckles
    Cheers lee i mite have to cancel mondays assesement as i live in a valley in wales and at the minute the snow has hits us bad and more heavy snow expected on suday so dnt no what i,m going to do
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @freckles A word of warning. If you ring to cancel make sure you ask for the name of whoever you speak to and make sure they action the cancellation. After the call check the time and date and make a note of it in case there are any problems where they say you didn't turn up. Don't worry these are just precautions that are good to do to cover yourself.
  • freckles
    Cheers much appriciated my wife coming with me she was going to drive me there i might have to get a taxi 
  • freckles
    I think your allowed one cancelltion but dont no about a short notice cancellation 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @freckles Yes you are but if you decide to go by taxi you can tell them you need one and if they agree to pay for it you can claim the cost back afterwards. You can also claim for petrol/diesel if your wife takes you.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    frecklesfreckles,
    Can't really add to the excellent advice here but just to confirm:

if you can't attend then make sure you contact them & make a note of who you speak to and when, and which telephone number you ring. The assessment company should be aware of the weather, but you never know, and you'll still be expected to inform them if you can't attend

if you are going in a car or taxi or any other form of transport, as wildlife says it's good to tell them beforehand what expenses you'll need. They will usually allow you to claim the cost back but you should let them know in advance if you can, especially if it's a taxi.

As Lee says, your PIP will continue until there's a decision, which would be after the assessment - and hopefully, the decision will be to continue to pay at the same rate!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• choolou
    choolou Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I've been awarded pip, on standard rate, for daily and mobility, but I've recently received a newer more severe long term illness, I have notified dwp of change of circumstance, they're going to send me the reassessment through the post, but do they still pay me while I'm waiting for a decision on whether or not I go to enhanced or stay on standard?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Your current award will remain in payment until a new decision is made. Any new condition should have been present for three months before it can be considered
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.