ESA appeal and 3rd assessment! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA appeal and 3rd assessment!

Options
wrendoe
wrendoe Community member Posts: 3 Connected
hi, I’m Karen, 45. I have a 6 yr old son (single parent). I suffer with depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, lupus, circulation issues, sad syndrome and all being exacerbated by starting the menopause!!!!! I’m going through an esa apppeal at the moment, have sent all info for the tribunal and have recently completed another assessment form and have now been given another assessment date in January. Could anyone please help, any tips re how to portray what my life is like at the moment. My depression has spiralled since they stopped my esa (been going on most of the year), frequently bursting into tears, still coming to terms with failure of marriage (over 2yrs separated). I frequently suffer with pain (aches, nerve pain, muscle and bone pain and joint pain). Also my memory is being affected by medication which feeds the anxiety! 
Sorry for the essay but so anxious about it it’s almost dominating my life. Had almost got the stage of accepting that I was allowed the odd good day before all this happened x

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Karen and welcome

So sorry that you are having such difficulties at the moment

ESA can be reviewed at any time which is why you are having another assessment even though you are appealing the first decision.

Do you have a supporive GP who can provide you with evidence to support your claim ?
    Do you claim PIP ?

Please have a look at the info on this site and come back with your questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wrendoe, and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear that things are difficult at the moment. Keep us updated with your claim and we'll do what we can to support you. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wrendoe

A very very big welcome to our community/family.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help / support you with ????

Thanks.
  • wrendoe
    wrendoe Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Well it appears that dwp made a mistake and put thro ‘recommence claim’ as a ‘new’ claim.
    now to concentrate on tribunal 9th. The friend who said she would come with me has forgotten she said she would
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @wrendoe. I hope you find some consolation in knowing that many members of our community have had similar experiences and are here to support you. You may also find Scope's guidance on appealing a DWP decision useful when preparing for your appeal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.