I had my money suspended as being bedbound I didn't get to to an assement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my money suspended as being bedbound I didn't get to to an assement

Options
treacletoffee21
treacletoffee21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I have several conditions  I had my money suspended as being bedbound I didn't  get to to an assement but having had it resurrected  I'm not on the right amount can you help me 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @treacletoffee21

Welcome to our online community.

Can you please let me know which benefits have been stopped / resurrected????

I can then try to help you with them.

Thanks.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @treacletoffee21, and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to go through this process. I've moved this post into our Ask A Benefits Advisor category where somebody will hopefully be able to advise you on what to do next.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @treacletoffee21

(great name btw!) Like @Steve51 I would like some more details, but I'll work on the assumption we're dealing with ESA??

When claiming ESA there are different rates 'Assessment' rate, which is the basic rate of 73.10 for a single person, 'Work Related' group, which is now also paid at 73.10 for new claims, and 'Support' group, which is paid at the higher rate of 109.65 (or 125.55 if you qualify for income-related). There also payments made on appeal, which is also 73.10 for a single claimant.

How you've ended up on a lower rate cannot be ascertained without calling the DWP and asking them, and I would recommend you do this. however it could be that you have a new claim somehow, and if you are in the Work Related group, the rate for new claims has reduced to 73.10.

Give the DWP a ring and then let us know what they say - hopefully then we could shed a bit more light on the matter for you - the reduced rate may be incorrect and may need challenging.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.