Similes for Cerebral Palsy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Similes for Cerebral Palsy

Robat
Robat Community member Posts: 2 Listener
In a bid to describe what life is like with this condition, do you have any similes to share? I am struggling to compare this condition to anything. I wonder is Cerebral Palsy perhaps the antithesis of a simile. Do people with this condition reserve the right to take offence to simile? How about other literary devices. Regards,

Comments

• AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Hi @Robat

CP is so wide-ranging that it is hard to describe, as everyone's CP is different. However, this children's book Jacob's Traffic Jam may be something to consider. Hope this is what you meant? Alex
  • Robat
    Robat Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited December 2017
    I suppose each word has a literal meaning, and an effect based on its phonetics/context. Cerebral Palsy may allow one to understand the literal meaning of a word, however words effect is lost to varying degrees. If 90% of communication is body language or context, then thats pretty detrimental.

Its like the day after you were adopted by an undiscovered amazonian rainforest tribe, everyday, and something extraordinary happened to put you there. Which is about as catchy as Jacobs Traffic Jam.

Thanks.

Brightness