DISGUSTING — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DISGUSTING

Heyoka
Heyoka Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I went with my Husband to an Appeal Court for PIP, he was on the middle rate of DLA until PIP assessment.  We were not given time to get our papers out at the Trial I was told to be quiet twice or I would have to leave...... (All I was doing ws helping a little with my husband.)  At the end they started trying to **** me off about my claim as my Husband is my Carer  But not anymore we have NO Care now at all.  PLEASE HELP WHAT CAN WE DO.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome

As you have no award in payment you should submit a new claim straight away

DLA and PIP use different criteria for awards, PIP is more about functionality then condition
    It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and the criteria for an award. A good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Please come back and look at the info on this site and ask any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Heyoka
    Thank that is helpful so we just apply for PIP again right from the start like a New Application??

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes. There are only two options following a tribunal
    Either, find an error in law with which to appeal to the UTT, which is very rare
    Or start a new claim using the knowledge gained

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Heyoka
  • Heyoka
    Well after all messing about for nearly 6 months ...........Has to Apply for Attendance as he is over 65 years old.  It appears that DWP/PIP make you go through all the process of claiming PIP and Tribunals etc before you can claim Attendance allowance??????????????????????????????????

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    It is possible to find an error in law but it can take some time. If you request the paperwork they are supposed to provide within set time limits but these are often ignored. No one, it seems, can force a judge to do what they are supposed to do. At the time I requested them it was supposed to be 6 weeks but it took 6 months. I was treated similarly to you except that in my case I was accused of trying to get a free car. It turned out that the lady judge was extremely biased and made massive errors in judgement but it took 9 months and another tribunal to prove it.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Heyoka
    Hello Topkitten, We had a lady Judge and she spent the whole time telling me off and then being the same with my Husband.  We were not allowed to get the papers out to follow things, I did!! which appeared to upset her again.  I think that unless the Judge has a Disability or totally understands it they should not take PIP Tribunals.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.