Hi, my name is NanaS! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is NanaS!

Options
NanaS
NanaS Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi can I get some advice pls. My husband won his esa appeal on 15.11.17. Rang Dwp today day 29 to ask what is happening only to be told they have received nothing from courts also told us to sort it out and my husbands sicknote ran out on 4th Dec but we have have given a extension but nobody wrote to him like they normally do. Told them we have our copy of overturned descion shall we fax it to them only to be told not good enough. Rang courts and they confirmed letter was posted on 15.11.17 and emailed same day at 15.03 pm emailed says delivered. How can they say they have received nothing, hope somebody can advise 

thanks 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NanaS I have moved your post to the ask a benefits advisor so I hope you can get some support from them,
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    You can also try called the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 :)
    Scope
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @NanaS ,

Whether the DWP acknowledge receipt of the judgement or not is irrelevant. Claiming to have not received it is not a reason to not comply with a court order.

I suggest you phone the DWP and quote the court judgement reference code from your letter. They can then confirm this themselves.
    Tell them they have two weeks to comply with the court order or you will seek enforcement action from the court. Then follow this up with a letter.

Courts consider the post as adequate notification.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    How are you getting on @NanaS ?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.