Hi, my name is toanster74! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is toanster74!

Options
toanster74
toanster74 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm new I am disabled with no family other than 15 year old daughter I don't really have any friends I'm spending another Christmas on my own again at moment I'm badicly house bound other than a couple of shops I live above a shop but has stairs and steps in did I can't shower or bath due to struggling lost tons. Of weight the housing association can't help am struggling as appealing pip had electric chair taken away so I can't get out am going crazy I don't know what to do 

Comments

• felix
    felix Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Hi Toanster74, I'm felix and new here too.

Firstly,  let me say you're no longer alone :smile:

You seem like you're going through a very rough patch indeed, and I'm sorry about that. Do you have a social worker on the adult disability team where you live?

They can help you with lots of things, from housing to help organising care etc. They would definately be worth looking up and getting in contact with.

You can also phone the Citizens Advice bureau who can also help you with housing problems etc and they're jolly nice chaps! (and free).

These people can help you and fight for you when/if you can't for yourself. It's worth trying.

You have now joined a community of people like yourself, and I'm quite sure that a good amount will have been through, or are going through what you are and can offer some advice and comfort.

You are not alone my friend xxxx
    felix xx
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @toanster74

It’s great to meet you this afternoon.

Please please don’t feel alone anymore ????

We are your “New Family”

Here’s some info from us.

https://www.scope.org.uk/About-us/contact-us

Please please let me know if you require any further help/support.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @toanster74
    Welcome to the community - I’m sorry to hear you are struggling? Are you getting any support? 

It it could be worth speaking to an Occupational Therapist about what help you could get around the house? 

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness