can I ring to ask to speak to the decision maker pip reconsideration ? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

can I ring to ask to speak to the decision maker pip reconsideration ?

13»

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    gh49,

Like a lot of things with DWP, it shouldn't but it does happen. In any case, you are entitled to a written decision about your ESA. It's your legal right to be informed of the outcome in writing. So, when you ring, ask if anything has been put in the post. It may be as simple as it having got lost or delayed. If the DWP says something has gone out but you know you should have received it by now, I would ask for a copy to be sent out again.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• sam1234
    sam1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @gh49 have you heard back from them.. I have send my pip review form it’s been with the case manger for 4 weeks I tang today they said it’s a que to be looked at this week is the 5th week
  • gh49
    gh49 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    @sam1234 I did hear back it was around 6weeks to get the reply, no change to original decision. This leaves me waiting for tribunal date. If I had had an honest assessment then I wouldn't  be doing all of this, I complained about my assessor and she is denying the points I raised but I am fighting on with it. Hope you get sorted soon, please let us know what happens
  • sam1234
    sam1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @gh49 have been for my assessment last week hope it’s a good outcome waiting a a decision now 
  • gh49
    edited February 2018
    Hi all I haven't reported recently, I wonder if anyone has had this before? I don't have a clue where I'm at, anyway / complaint letter no 2 sent the beginning of January to ATOS as the 1st one fell on deaf ears, they withheld their so called HP report and said basically case closed. In my 2nd letter I re iterated that it was me telling the truth, not the HP. My friend sent in a letter too confirming that there were a lot of inaccuracies (she was present). A standard letter dated 18 Jan came saying they were escalating to 2nd tier complaint and a new person would be appointed and no time scale if a reply could be given! 
    This week my husband aware of how all of this has made my mental health worse, his life too must be awful with my ranting lol, he decided to write his own letter on Wednesday 21st Feb and he left nothing out at all, he is no letter writer and was straight to the point. 
    Now I will get to my quandary, I'm awaiting appeal date, I rang the tribunal service on Wednesday who said I should hear within 3 - 4 weeks what the date will be. This afternoon at 3:45pm I received a phone call from the person from ATOS who issued the letter dated 18 Jan to say and I quote " their report is not fit for purpose" due to the fact my mental health was not taken into consideration and they were no longer disputing my complaint. She said themselves and Dwp have decided the best course of action is for me to have another assessment. I just broke down saying cos your HP has not done their job right, I have to go through it again, I said they couldn't put me through that awful process again. She said home visits are usually for people who couldn't leave the house but would try to get me one. I was saying I don't want another assessment I was crying nd she was trying to get me to make a decision, assessment or appeal. I said appeal then I said no, I'm not making a decision, send me a letter and I will decide! She said I will get a letter next week, I told her not to confirm any decision from me as I'm not in right state of mind. By the time I calmed down it was 5pm I decided to ring DWP asked for supervisor in appeals he was lovely, he could not believe ATOS had rang me and said those words, I said well that call better be recorded cos I've got the number,her name and the time on my phone. I said it's disgusting she rang that late on a Friday, the guy at Dwp said no one there for him to converse with as he had never heard of this before. He seemed to know nothing about any new request for assessment. He Is ringing me Monday but I get the idea if I accept the new assessment then the appeal will be cancelled?? I realise that I'm not getting any payments at the moment so nothing to lose in one sense, it's all the hassle I've had by not being believed. I'm so close to appeal, without a report can the appeal actually go ahead???I've said to my husband that I think the phone could have been to see what my reaction was. Ps. Apart from asking my name not another bit of data protection done by ATOS today on the phone ...... Help please ....
  • gh49
    edited March 2018
    @BenefitsTrainingCo  @wildlife @CockneyRebel and all you lovely helpful people on this site. I can't breath a sigh of relief yet but u had my re-assessment (in my own home) on 15 March, rang on Monday 19th for copy of report which I have received today. My husband opened it but had to give it to me in the end as there was so much detail in it. If you have read this post from the start, the original assessor clearly couldn't be bothered. Anyway, I've put the scoring from the descriptors in the self test and it comes up with 12p for daily living and 13 p for mobility. I was disputing the original 6 for DL and 4 for mobility. They have confirmed this is the same original claim from 4 August 17. I've had no confirmation from the Dwp but would anyone ? Hazard a guess would this be a reliable expectation of the result? 

Thanks in advance
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi gh

Generally the DM will accept the report and find as recommended
    Does the report give a review recommendation ?

Oh and a cautious well done

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gh49
    edited March 2018
    Yes it says 18mnths. Do you think that will be from assessment or original claim ? 
    I shouldn't chuckle to myself because I know nothing for certain yet but if it's 18mnth from last August they will be calling me for another assessment soon OMG 
    Thank you
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It should be from the assessment but the award length is decided by the DM
    When you do get the decision letter, the award length is likely to be longer as reveiws are carried out either a year before the end date or in some cases 14 weeks so look out for that

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gh49
    Cheers you are a star and thanks for your help

gh

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.