Waiting for new assesement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for new assesement

freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
My pip assesement was cancelled last monday the 11th december it was capita who cancelled it because of the snow they sent all assesors home thats after we battled through the snow to get there when we got home my partner rang capita and they said they had heard about all assesements that day being cancelled and would get in touch about a new assesement its been a week now and still not heard anything does anyone no how long it will take before i get my next assesement letter from capita 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    Usually appointments are booked 2 - 3 weeks in advance unless there is a cancellation and you are offered a short notice appointment

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Hi @freckles Sorry to hear you had your pip assessment cancelled even though you made the effort to get there through the weather conditions. Think I can remember a work capability assessment being cancelled in the past after I got there. Probably someone being abusive to staff (not me I hasten to add). It is nerve racking waiting around for appointments. Hope it arrives soon for you and partner
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.