Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

sophiem67
sophiem67 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello.. I am new to the group. Could anyone tell me if they have any experience with paper based appeal for pip? And what was the outcome.. many thanks 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sohpiem67 and welcome

I have been involved with 3 paper based appeals all successful. However, oral hearings do have more chance of success as the tribunal are able to clarify any  evidence with you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @sophiem67

As CR says, paper hearings are not without any success, but usually only when (a) there is fairly conclusive evidence that the decision was wrong (and here I mean medical evidence that has specific bearing on the descriptors); or (b) the decision relates to a legal point and not one relating to the claimant's health compared with the descriptors.

In general though I recommend nearly all my clients to attend the hearings, as there is little evidence better than your own version of events.

I recognise that this is no small ask to make of a lot of claimants, as the very nature of their entitlement to benefit makes this kind of event more difficult than for most people, but in spite of this I still recommend it.

What's your situation? Does the decision relate to illness? Have you got evidence?

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.