Hi, my name is sarah77 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sarah77

Options
sarah77
sarah77 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. Just joined as needing advice and help.
I am disabled adult age 40. Which I suffer from fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis all over my body. I have just had gastric bypass operation in June this year and lost 5 stone upto now. I feel eather guilty of my condition as i have 2 daughters at home with me 1 aged 14 who is registered as my young carer even though can not remener last time she got support also I have a 4 year old which is undergoing all the tests as they think she is autistic and aspergers. I am feeling rather lost at the moment especially tonight as my 4yr old had a meltdown which lasted 2 hours which resorted in her totally wrecking her bedroom and breaking stuff. She was kicking hitting and hitting me. Which now I am in alot of pain and my medication is not even helping me. 
Please does anyone have advice.
Please dont judge me as I am doing my best.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sarah77, and welcome to the community - it's great to have you here. I'm so sorry to hear that things are difficult at the moment. Do join in our discussions and let us know if there's anything specific we can advise you with. You may be particularly interested in our Parents and Carers category.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sarah77 and welcome. No-one but an idiot would 'judge' you, Sarah, for doing your very best under some of the most difficult circumstances imaginable. I think, rather, that you should be proud of yourself and that those of us who get the opportunity to get to know you will be proud of you too. And you have no cause, at all, for feeling guilty.
    Best wishes to you, and profound respect,
  • Baloo456
    Baloo456 Scope Member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Sorry your struggling, I'm not judging, I have two now adult autistic children and am autistic myself, though not diagnosed til 2012,aged 46.Usualy with meltdowns there's a reason behind them. Try to work out what happened immediately before, then you are in a position to alter things so there's less risk of another meltdown. Love Sharon 

Brightness