Isolation. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Isolation.

Options
Geoffvernau_
Geoffvernau_ Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Geoff Verna u-
I read the stories on this subject and it made me think that I fit into this bracket. Members might find this strange but although disabled, and so is my wife I feel very alone in life although I am not. Not in the family sense. I have two adult children still at home and as I said my wife, but I still feel this way. Members will probably find this strange but that's how I feel. They are all , and this is my fault rather selfish and as I said you don't have to live in an empty house to feel this way. In fact I wish I could do just that and let them get on with it. Sorry if that sounds selfish, is it? Or is it I just can't cope with my wife's disabilities and my own? My daughter has tried to kill herself several times but no one in seems to be able to help. Sorry, rant over. Merry Christmas everyone. X

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Geoffvernau_
    Thank you for sharing, and I am sorry to hear about your struggles.  I think people can often feel very alone even when surrounded by people.  Sometimes feeling alone is about what is going on inside rather than outside.

Do you get much support as a family?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Geoffvernau_
    Options
    No none at all, and could do with it even more now as I have just found out my daughter has been taking cocaine. Spent all last night in A&E.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that, @Geoffvernau_. It sounds like things are really difficult for you as a family right now. The Family Lives site offer some useful support and guidance on related issues that you might like to take a look at. Do keep us updated with how you're getting on, and remember that you can always come and chat to the Online Community if you're feeling alone.
  • Geoffvernau_
    Options
    My daughter is now holed up with this boyfriend drug dealer. The police seem to think this is OK although she is a vulnerable adult. S. Services are now involved but my daughter won't see us.

Brightness