How do you use digital tech as a disabled person? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you use digital tech as a disabled person?

Options
Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

How do you use digital technology as a disabled person? We are carrying out research with the University of Leicester on how disabled people use digital tools and technology.

We would love to speak to you and have a group discussion about the role and importance of digital technologies in your life. We are specifically looking for people who are available to attend a focus group in Leicester in the week beginning 21 August 2017. Please don’t be put off if you’re not that digitally engaged, we’re looking for a range of experiences.

The focus group will last between 2-3 hours, and there will be 10 minute breaks every 30 minutes. Participants will receive a £20 voucher for their time.

The terms and conditions for taking part in this project are available here.

If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in taking part or want more information, please contact Scope’s Researcher Andy McKeown on andy.mckeown@scope.org.uk or 020 7619 7245 - Please feel free to share this post.

What are your favourite apps? What digital tools do you use that you couldn't do without? Are you a bit tech phobic? Would you like to know more about digital tech? Join the conversation now.

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you in Leicester? Can you help us out?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Options
    i know this isn't a new topic and not sure if you need my info (i can't get to leicester) but apps that help me remember things, such as period tracker, calendars for appointments, and alarms to remind me to do things do help me a lot.
    i'm losing function in my hands and fingers though so touch screens are becoming harder to use.

Brightness