Just found out l have only been awarded standard mobility on pip and was on high on dla. - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just found out l have only been awarded standard mobility on pip and was on high on dla.

124»

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Often, I have found, all the evidence is there but the presentation is the problem. Always try and present your case in an idiot proof way, whether it is for your inital claim, MR or appeal. Nobody wants to wade through the reams of evidence unless they have to, so try and present it in a way that is easy to understand.
    A summary of bullet points referenced to the pages of your evidence should make it easy for the reader to find the necesary info.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @wildlife

I think that most claimants who are given a higher award at MR level do just settled for that and don't go on to appeal to a tribunal.

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Matilda Yes of course but there have been a couple of people posting recently who are starting from 0 points so if they should be entitled to higher rate they will need to try and increase their award at least by half at MR stage. They will then have a better chance of the higher rate on Appeal.
  • Sav44
    Sav44 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi everyone, I need to write to PIP reconsideration decision which I am not happy about, I use to get enhanced for daily living and mobility after they're reviewed my claim I awarded standard for daily living and they kept enhanced for mobility. I feel very anxious and distress about it and I have no help to write a letter, I let it down by DASCAS, Welfare benefit and Citizen advice bureau !   :/:/:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    I want to ask them about unfair decision on daily living award so I need to ask you please, I got 12 points for moving around activity and 0 point for planning journey (mobility rate) does I still need to ask them reconsideration about planning journey also ? 
    Also I written in the reconsideration letter challenging the point, is this the case for reconsideration letter ??  IP to support my reconsideration request.

Thanks
    Sav

• Sav44
    Sorry, about in the end of the above message didn't appear it, I wanted to say that my GP will helping me with medical report.
    Thanks
    Sav
  • Matilda
    @Sav44

This link might help:

There is a Mandatory Reconsideration letter tool which will generate a letter for you. http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/29786/pip-descriptors#V0t1hceSXFTCSdV7.99

Also, Disability Rights UK site has a guide to Mandatory Reconsiderations.

And you can phone Scope helpline (not open weekends or Bank Holidays).
  • Sav44
    Hi Matilda, 

Thanks for your reply,  I am aware about all the website you sent me but I didn't find the answers of my questions !

• Matilda
    @Sav44

Then I suggest you phone Scope helpline when they are open.  It might take a while to get through.
  • Sav44
    Thank Matilda, I will call them tomorrow.
    Sav
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi @Sav44

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

As you have 12 points for mobility you can challenge the points for planning a journey to set the record staright but this will not achieve any higher award so may be better to conncentrate on the daily living part.
    DLA and PIP use different criteria and it is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award. A good place to start is the B&W self

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

• Sav44
    Hi CockenyRebel,

Thanks a lot dear for advice and answering my question regarding planning journey I wasn't sure and you,ve got point and right I have enhanced and I don't need to challenge for planning johnny.  I didn't asked for a copy of the assessment report, I don't have anyone to helping me and I am suffers from great mental illnesses affected me to make calls and make me distress.   Do I have to ask them for a report ?

Other question please,they told me in some points that I don't need help from other which is that incorrect I do need help but  (I don't get help always, if I tell them I don't get help from other always does that affect my award and they not consider ir ??

• CockneyRebel
    Yes you do have to ask for a copy of the report, it will help you to see how the assessor scored you and why. Just a phone call to the DWP should do this. The report is a PA4

You should explain why you need help with these activities and what happens if you don't get help. Rather than telling them that you don't always get help.
    PIP should be awarded for activities that you need help with whether you get it or not

CR
  • Sav44
    Thanks so much CockenyRebel, your answers very helpful to me.

last question please, I wrote a letter and I challenged the points that I get 0 in the consideration letter for examples I told them for   
    Activity: Communicating verbally  (I believe I am eligible for points under activity 7 C because etc.) ,, am I did right and proper way ?

• sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    @annehughes Getting in and out of bed doesn't come into PIP. It's not one of the activities so you need to have a look at the PIP points system on Benefits and Works and only describe problems you have with the list of activities. Choose each one that describes you otherwise you're giving them a lot of information they don't need.
    Really? Well hubby told his assessor he had to use the back of the bed. metal rail  head board to pull himself up in the mornings first thing, then swing his legs out of bed. he got standard Rate Mobilty was on high with DLA. She wrote this down, do you think that DWP never took this into account then i wonder.I would have thought this activity would be the most important one of the day.

• CockneyRebel
    Hi Sav44

Yes that is good. If I may suggest as per your example
    I believe I am elegible for 4 points for activity 7c because etc. If I do not get support then  etc ( what ever it is that you cannot do without support )

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.