Hi, my name is mollymo! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mollymo!

mollymo
mollymo Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Trust me you'll get PIP if my friends assessment is anything to go by for fibro ! Awarded the enhanced rate for both personal care and mobility. I know its a genuine illness and causes major problems but if you can walk half a mile to the pub, dance all night and walk back home do you really deserve enhanced mobility? So many people are having an appalling time with this process that it infuriates me how blatantly someone is cheating the system. You must fight for your rights and appeal if necessary and go to tribunal if needs be. Contact your local advice centre if you have one, they are extremely helpful and will support you through the process. Good luck x

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello mollymo and welcome

Many people have disabilities that vary from day to day and week to week. There are many genuine claimants that have invisible disabilities and appear completely able bodied so it is not for us to judge a person, that unfortunately is the job of the assessor.

I abhor cheats of any kind, the worst kind of cheat is the ones that are to idle to work and take money from people that genuinely need and deserve it.

I would not want that kind of person for a friend.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mollymoo

A very very big welcome to you this evening.

Yes the pip process is really causing a real stir with many members

These are the small minority who are spoiling things for everyone else.

Many thanks.
  • mollymo
    Having secondary progressive MS and wheelchair bound I understand how disability effects everyday life. When someone can work but chooses to play the system instead it makes a mockery of the benefit system. I've been downgraded from indefinite DLA to a 2 year PIP award as the same assessor who saw my 'friend' is confident my health could have significant improvement!! Unfortunately my neurologist is unaware of this miracle cure. Rant over xx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi mollymo

Rants are always welcome :D

Fibro is still little understood by the medical proffesion which leaves it open for some unscrupulous people to play the system. Others who really do struggle with fibro and many other conditions such as yourself seem to be mis assessed. All PIP awards are reviewed regularly both in case of improvemnet but also in case of a worstening in which case more assisstance may be needed. Unless people report the cheats, which seems a bit unpalatable, we can only hope that they get caught at reassessment.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mollymo
    Morning! Thanks for listening to the rant
  • Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
  • mollymo
    Hope everyone has a good new years and a best as possible 2018 x
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mollymo

Many thanks!!!!!!!

Have a great new year!!!!!!

Please please let me know if I can help you further?????
  • mollymo
    Just a quick update, after getting to the tribunal stage of appeal, the DWP rang yesterday to confirm they will be awarding the higher rate of care and mobility for 10 years. They were extremely concerned that the assessor had awarded 0 points for help with medication etc when my district nurse was in attendance to change my SPC. In fact she did not acknowledge anywhere on her report of the nurses presence. Thankfully I had sent a very detailed letter challenging her report and someone who knew what they were doing noticed this glaring omission. I understand that this assessors or HCP (if she can really be called that) past case load will be thoroughly looked at. If she cant see a nurse sitting next to me on a sofa or refuses to acknowledge it her integrity has been bought into question. Maybe those people who don't really qualify will be downgraded and those she messed up (mine included) will finally get justice. It goes to prove if you challenge them as far as you can and dont give up, you should get the right outcome. Xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.