Hi, my name is sparkler53! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sparkler53!

sparkler53
sparkler53 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i have a son who has cerebal palsy i am 64 and now collecting my pension can my son now get carers allowance in his own rights as it got stopped when i got mr pension

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Hello @sparkler53 and welcome to our community :)

New here myself, I don't have an answer to your specific question, but I have no doubt that there are others who do and who will be in contact with you soon. Don't hesitate to put any questions - you are among friends here.

Best to you,

Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry, carers allowance is paid to a person that cares for another person for 35 hours pw, Your son cannot claim carers allowance for himself.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 38 Courageous
    edited January 2018

Hi @Sparkler53,

Welcome to the community! Great to have you on board with us :)

Not sure if you've had much of a chance to have a look around under our 'Popular Groups' section - in case you haven't we do have a couple of groups that might be helpful for you. You mention your son has CP - if you ever need to ask a  condition specific question and there is a group for Cerebral Palsy

We also have a group purely focused on finances/benefits called 'Employment issues, finances and disability benefits'. You mention your unsure about whether you son can now claim carers allowance;  there is a sub group called 'What benefits am I entitled to?' which might be helpful.

Alternatively, on the main Scope website we also have a benefits and grant checker which might be worth running through to check entitlement.

Hope some of this info was helpful.

Best wishes,

Kirsty

Scope helpline

Brightness