Knees have arthritus and hips worn — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Knees have arthritus and hips worn

Options
jeff62
jeff62 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Should i get enhanced mobility rate if i have arthritus in both hips allso wearing away .had trouble for over 20 years.got standard mobility awarded. And  standard care about 9 weeks ago. Now i am having trouble with my knees one is realy painfull.i am using 2 crutched now was only one crutch when i had face to face interview.got ten points.i can only walk about up to ten yards.very dificult to get up stairs.been sleeping down stairs for weeks.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jeff and welcome

PIP is about functionality and not condition, you are not required to do things pain free but any pain that restricts what you can do should be taken into consideration

Although it sounds from your description as though you should qualify for the enhanced rate, to ask for a change of circumstance you will have to show a new of significantly worse condition.

How long is your current award ?

Having a very recent award you will probably need good medical evidence to support you. Alternatively If you think the original decision was wrong and should have scored you tthe enhanced rate, you could try entering a late MR showing good reason for it being late. This would then open up your route to appeal But only if your condition now is as it was at assessment

Please come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.