Payment issue — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment issue

deexxx
deexxx Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Im due my eds on the 2nd of January I've looked online for early payment advise and its not clear some say I should have had it by now some say ill get paid on due date can you please help .

Comments

• deexxx
    Sorry meant esa
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    2nd January is a normal payment day for those in England and Wales. The only way you would have recieved it early is if your bank processes it early. As you haven't recieved it today then you'll recieve it Tuesday as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deexxx
    Thank you so much I had my pip stopped over Xmas and have been struggling so I panic . Thinking some thing was wrong . I have bipolar and eod so I over think things till I get my self in a state . Some times just need some one to reassre me x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi deexxx and welcome

How and why has your PIP stopped ?
    Have you had a reassessment and had a decision letter ?
    If so have you challenged the decision ?

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • deexxx
    I had a assessent and didn' get enough points in gutted . Alot of what the nurse wanted me to do was a physial assessent . I'e got mental health isues and I feel they just don' take that into consideration and how . Ad t can get . I haven' left the house in weeks . And I'm on a real low at the moment . I'e missed appointments because I can' be around big crowds . But I can' aford to take taxis . Since they took the pip . I found it so distressing to do the assessent in the first place having to talk to a stranger about how im feeling and very personal things . Im not sure how to go about doung it all over again . I' been on pip for 3years and nothing has changed so I don' understand how they can say u didn' get enough points .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi deexxx

Yours is a common story on the forums

When did you get your decision letter ?
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration ?

It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award. a good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

PIP in primarily about funtionality and many people with MH issue find it hard but not impossible

There s lots of info to read here about challenging and appealing the decision

Please do come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • deexxx
    Thank you . I haven' had a copy of assesmenassesment. I'e had the session letter . I'e felt so let down I have been having a hard time and haven' dome any thing about it  I haven' known where to go for the help . As im a it isolated . I find it hard to go out in not from thus area only been hear 2months so I don't know any one . I don't have family close to me . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.