Hi, my name is sophie1971! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sophie1971!

sophie1971
sophie1971 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello eveyone..i am new here. I have depression and grade 4 endometriosis. Can anyone advise regarding my pip claim for the endometriosis. I am at a loss as to how to make my application. Thanks in advance for anyone offering advice

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sophie and welcome

Is this a new claim or a change from DLA ?

It is important to understand the points system, descroptors and the criteria for an award.
    The best place to start is the B&W self test.

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

PIP is a benefit more about functionality rather than condition
    There is lots of onfo on here, have a look round and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sophie1971
    Hi cr i need to transfer from dla to pip. I have looked at benefits and work but still confused. I have been able to get the evidence and explain about my depression. I am confused still about the correct descriptors and what to write. I have had an ooeration for grade 4 endometriislis but some was to close to my bowel wall to remove and has grpwn back. It has grown back around my rectum as well. I get shooting pains and it pushes down on my nerves. From thid i get pains in my knees and ankles. Thankyou for takinig the time to reply. I appreciate it as i am on my own, long term depression from bring bullied and hit on many occasions etc
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Ok
    You are aware then that the criteria for DLA and PIP are different.
    The PIP2 form is designed to confuse people and lead them in the wrong direction.

Use the B&W test as a template. Go through each descriptor catagory and try to apply your condition and the trouble you have
    for example
    you have pain in your knees and ankles

This might impact on preparing food, you might need to use a perching stool because you cannot stand for any length of time
    You may also because of the pain have trouble washing and dressing, maybe you cannot safely get in or out of a bath
    The same might apply to dressing, you might need to use an aid to get on footwear

If you use an aid or could use an aid say so. If you need assistance, even if you don't get it, say so and what happens if you don't get it

Only you know how you are affected, but please ask any question and i will try and help.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sophie1971
    Thankyou so much
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sophie1971

Good Evening!!!!!!

It’s great to meet you today!!!!

Please please let me know if I can help you in anyway ??

Thanks.
  • sophie1971
    Thanks for your kndness steve. I hope you are well
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sophie1971

No probs anytime!!!!

I do hope that you are having a good morning???

Please please let me know if I can help you further ????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.