Confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused

Nett61
Nett61 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, both my friend & I switched from incapacity to Esa her before me we are both in the support group the only difference is she gets IR & when I swapped a couple of years ago & for some reason I'm not sure of I'm in the CB so when we were chatting just before Xmas she asked me to ring the benefits office as she couldn't understand why I get enhanced rate of PIP for both care & mobility due to my cyclical vomiting syndrome fibromyalgia & MS I wasn't getting  IR so I rang the benefits office today Jan 4th & they are sending me a form to fill in but unfortunately last year my auntie passed away & in about September last year 2017 she left both £5.000 each, so my question is is after all that is will this have any effect on me swapping from CB to I. Many thanks thanks for listening & kind regards & hope this year is kind to everyone 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    Nett61 said:
    Hi, both my friend & I switched from incapacity to Esa her before me we are both in the support group the only difference is she gets IR & when I swapped a couple of years ago & for some reason I'm not sure of I'm in the CB so when we were chatting just before Xmas she asked me to ring the benefits office as she couldn't understand why I get enhanced rate of PIP for both care & mobility due to my cyclical vomiting syndrome fibromyalgia & MS I wasn't getting  IR so I rang the benefits office today Jan 4th & they are sending me a form to fill in but unfortunately last year my auntie passed away & in about September last year 2017 she left both £5.000 each, so my question is is after all that is will this have any effect on me swapping from CB to I. Many thanks thanks for listening & kind regards & hope this year is kind to everyone 
    Hi,
    When people moved form IB to ESA everyone was put on Contribution Based. You can't switch from CB to Income Related. What you'll get is an Income related top up, which would be the premiums. As you haven't been recieving those premiums then expect a backdated amount of money in the near future. Hw much you recieve will depend on your circumstances and when you qualified for those premiums. As you will have an IR top up on your ESA savings over under £6,000 don't affect your benefits. Over £6,000 and they're affect £1 for every £250 over. £16,000 and they stop completely.

Any backdated money owed to you from ESA will be disregarded for 52 weeks for the savings allowed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nett61
    Nett61 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi, thank you so much for the help 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.