Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi I have scleraderma. I have had this condition for 2 an had years. I need a walking stick. I have


  • Jean_OTJean_OT Member Posts: 528 Pioneering

    Hi @Martinrobert

    Thanks for your post although I think perhaps you wrote more in the title box but it isn't visible to me as that field limits the number of characters on show. 

    I know scleraderma can impact on people in a broad range of ways so the best option would be to have a professional assessment to ensure that you get the best walking aid for your needs and it is adjusted to the correct height for you.

    If you have a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist they should be able to advice you on this. If you aren't already seeing an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapy you can ask your GP to refer you.

    Sorry if I've missed an important point here because I was unable to see your full post, if there is anything else you would like to share please reply to this post

    Best Wishes


    Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

    You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Sign in or join us to comment.