P.I.P. Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P. Tribunal

michelangelo50
michelangelo50 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i have been on long term DLA for many years and had an indefinite award for higher elements. I am 68 and just missed not going onto P.I.P.  However had a home assessment by a nurse who told me not to worry and was sure I would be ok in keeping upper rates. However I was refused upper rate mobility even though we told her I could only walk well under the distance required. We asked them to look again (as with many others what I said and what was put down on several subjects was totally different) but still refused. Am now awaiting tribunal, hopefully some time in February, but after reading of other people’s experiences on the website am really dreading it, and have got even more depressed than ever. Really can anyone please, please give me some advice and/or tips on how to deal with it. Thanks so much in advance.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.