Confused about Mandatory Reconsideration Notice. Please help! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about Mandatory Reconsideration Notice. Please help!

Libretio
Libretio Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Apologies for making my first post an appeal for help, but I'm not sure where else to turn.

I'm claiming ESA and until recently, I was in the Support Group. I had a reassessment last year and was placed in the WRAG group. I disputed this decision and asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration, so they might place me back in the Support Group.

I received the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice today, and the decision went against me, so I'll have to go to tribunal. However, even though I was sent two copies of the Notice in anticipation of this, there is nothing in the Notice to say whether I can proceed to tribunal or not. I've made online enquiries about form SSCS1 and it's very clear that the Notice must include a specific note that I can proceed. Should I NOT have been allowed to proceed, this would also have been noted. But there is no mention of a tribunal of any kind whatsoever.

Could anyone possibly clarify? Has this happened to you?

Many thanks in advance for your attention.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.