Apply for pips — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Apply for pips

Options
belfast555
belfast555 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi i applyed for pips on the 9th of october 2017. I got a letter from them in november for a face to face interview. That week they phoned me and said that i didn't need a face to face appointment as they had enough evidence from my gp as i suffer depression. Panic attack and epilipsy. Anxiety. I phoned them on the 20th dec 2017. They said that it was hand over to the decision manager on the 9th of december i phoned them today and still no word i am so stressed. Does anyone know what the best way to go about getting it speed up 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi belfast

You can ask for a copy of the assessment report.
    There are backlogs in the decision process at the moment, all you can do is ring them every week

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @belfast555
    Unfortunately you are not alone.
    It took me a year before I received any P.I.P. payment 
    I went through a really rough time, and ended up in court.
    The only advice I can give you.
    Is that when you make phone calls to P.I.P, you take the name of the person you are talking to. You make a dairy of dates, times and what information they have given you. "Please don't give up"
    If you send any information to P.I.P make sure it's by recorded delivery only. If you are not satisfied with how your case is being dealt with? You can ask to speak to a manager or make a complaint?
    Please let us know how you get on.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.