Pip appeal won but what happens now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal won but what happens now?

poison_ivy
poison_ivy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi thanks for the add 
Just after a little advice really. I had been claiming DLA for about 10 years as i suffer with Epilepsy and other problems and last December 2016 I had to apply for PIP. Had my assessment which the woman was snotty and didn't listen to what I was saying and received 0 points. Asked for a mandatory reconsideration, and still no points. Asked for appeal and won first tier tribunal I was awarded 20 points and was awarded payment from May 2017. DWP asked for Statement of Reasons which I received 4 weeks ago. Had a missed call today from PIP so I phoned them back. The man wasn't sure why they called and said it looks like they are ready to resolve this issue. Asked me a few questions like have I been in hospital since may last year or in prison or abroad  answered no to all questions he then asked what was my nominated bank account and said he would make a note of it on the computer. After I put the phone down I realised that I was none the wiser as to what was happening as I am not very confident on the phone. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and how long they had to wait to receive payment? Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    I'm not sure either so I'm following but well done! @poison_ivy  
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello poison ivy and welcome

From what you have said they have had the time to see if they can appeal. Now it sounds as though they are ready to put your award into payment. As you are entitled to backpay they have to check if you were eligable for the whole time ie. if you had been in hospital for 28 days your benefit is put on hold.
    It used to be that the DWP took 5-8 weeks to put a decision into payment but with the increase in the times they ask for a SOR it is taking longer for some judges to respond, the DWP have a month from receipt of the SOR to decide whether to appeal consequently it is now 5-8 weeks from the time they receive the sor

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @poison_ivy
    Well done on winning your appeal.
    DWP have to right to appeal the courts decition within 28 days.
    Im not sure why they have asked for a statment of reasons?
    Hopefully someone from the community can give you advice?
    But it does seem, that they will pay out?
    It took me about 2 months, from the court date to when I finally received a payment. 
    But in my circumstance they had to back date it a year.
    I hope that helps.
  • poison_ivy
    poison_ivy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the responses me and the DWP received the Sor 4 weeks ago then today i had this call. I was just wondering on he time frame for payments but it looks like I may have to call them back tomorrow. Once again thanks for your help.
  • Rach77
    Rach77 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    How long did you wait for your sor to come from the courts as I'm awaiting on that too it's been 4 weeks since dwp have asked the courts?

• smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Thanks for the responses me and the DWP received the Sor 4 weeks ago then today i had this call. I was just wondering on he time frame for payments but it looks like I may have to call them back tomorrow. Once again thanks for your help.
    Did you find out after as I had a similar conversation this week regarding bank details etc, just wondering if was to do with payment really
  • darcieollie
    darcieollie Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Hi I’m in same boat I was asking about how my pip appeal claim was going and they asked to check bank details with me I’m hoping I’m getting somewhere with them 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.