Hi, my name is angela10! .....pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is angela10! .....pip decision

angela10
angela10 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Is it normal this ..i rang for an update on my claim and they told me that a decision had been made but i will have to wait for a letter ? i hope its not bad news for me

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello angela and welcome

Sometimes the telephone operator will have the decision on their screen but not the resulting award if very recent.
    You might try ringing again as the screen may be updated

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • angela10
    Hi CR
    They said that the decision was made only yesterday and it wasnt showing on screen,but it was showing  case closed 
    So she put me onto a manager and he said i would have to wait for a letter is policy 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I have heard this before, it maybe a local policy. It is definately worth ringing again and asking for a copy of the assessment report ( PA4 )

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • angela10
    I will ring again tomorrow see what they say 
    Hope its not bad news for me 
    im not sleeping and so very anxious 
    Just wondering if anyone else has had the same as me and what their outcome was

• DenceNucliaAtom
    DenceNucliaAtom Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I think they say that to stop identity fraud. they don't know your the person over the phone and you be trying to take the money or whatever other reason. So I guess its safer to wait for the letter. It won't change when they give you the money as it will automatically go into your bank account every 2 weeks useualy. Hope that was a little helpful. Ive learnt to be patient with these things they always take way longer then you expect and the people on the phone always sound like they've just woken up and are the oppersite of helpful 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You are entitled to ask DWP for a copy of the assessor's report even if they haven't yet sent out your award letter.
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    DWP letters always arrive a week after dated I have found. My PIP payment was paid in a week before letter so check your account for good news. Ask for PA4 report anyway ASAP
  • angela10

Hi All

Today i received my assessment report but not had the decision letter yet

Reading this report it looks like i wont get anything

the assessor has more or less made her own opinion on what i can do and not do 

for instance 

i am unable to cook or prepare a meal for safety reasons 

my Husband has to do all the cooking and preparing of food and any chores that has danger attached 

the assessor has wrote the above in the funcional history

but in the descriptor 

she wrote that i need to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal ?

I actually do not cook or prepare any meals at all

Thats just 1 of the questions there are about 3 others as well

• angela10

And the end of the report it says 

Based on the claimants likely future circumstances it would be appropriate to review the claim in 2 years 

what does that mean ? 

will it mean i cant apply again for 2 years

• foxuk
    foxuk Community member Posts: 103 Pioneering
    On mine it says similar. I got enhanced rate for both.

If a claim is result negative the claimant has to claim again. The original claim is doesn't exist any more.

I hesitate to give false hope BUT if the circumstances are to be reviewed in two years there must be an existing claim to review. On that basis I think you have got something.

I had the standard 'aid or appliance' jargon as well and it's a big idiocy - Many of the questions don't include an option for 'Can't do at all' on the PIP2 form. I assume that it is the same for the assessor's tick boxes.

Good luck, it may not be as bad as you think. Some of us are lucky.

All the best,

Jon

P.S. If your claim fails you can apply again straight away. You apply for a reconsideration and then tribunal But re-claim as well - best to get good advice and update your medical reports.
  • Sakina2014
    Sakina2014 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    angela10 said:
    Is it normal this ..i rang for an update on my claim and they told me that a decision had been made but i will have to wait for a letter ? i hope its not bad news for me

• kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Normally takes a week for any letter, they :( don't rush!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    foxuk said:

If a claim is result negative the claimant has to claim again. The original claim is doesn't exist any more.

I hesitate to give false hope BUT if the circumstances are to be reviewed in two years there must be an existing claim to review. On that basis I think you have got something.

I had the standard 'aid or appliance' jargon as well and it's a big idiocy - Many of the questions don't include an option for 'Can't do at all' on the PIP2 form. I assume that it is the same for the assessor's tick boxes.

All the best,

Jon

P.S. If your claim fails you can apply again straight away. You apply for a reconsideration and then tribunal But re-claim as well - best to get good advice and update your medical reports.
    Your advice is incorrect. They will give a time frame even if there's no award given. In other words what they're saying is if you re-apply within that time frame then you'l likely be refused again.

Re-apply and asking for the MR isn't the greatest advice either, sorry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • foxuk
    foxuk said:

All the best,

Jon

Your advice is incorrect. They will give a time frame even if there's no award given. In other words what they're saying is if you re-apply within that time frame then you'l likely be refused again.

Re-apply and asking for the MR isn't the greatest advice either, sorry.
    We must agree to differ.

BTW the advice to re-apply was given on the benefits advice section recently.

AND the question referred to a 'review' of an existing claim not another claim.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    They do indeed give a time frame regardless of whether there's an award or not. I've seen it happen many times.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • foxuk
    They do indeed give a time frame regardless of whether there's an award or not. I've seen it happen many times.
    The question states 'review' not 'hew claim' or 're-claim'. If a claim is to be reviewed it must exist. A rejected claim does not exist. I only apply basic Law.

I note you have checked your wrong advice on claiming again whilst asking for reconsideration or taking a case to a tribunal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.