Pip assessment lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment lies

Options
John8378166
John8378166 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
Had PIP assessment at home, it lasted 40 minutes, & guess what i dont get anythink at all, but I knew that this would be the case, from the attitude from assesser.

Yes i ask for reconsideration, & got a reply in less than 8 days, turned down. I then ask for the information on the decission on why I was turned down, they have sent it two weeks after the there decission.

I have just recieved her report from DWP, the decission makers report, what can I say, but all the information she put down on her report was 80 percent lies.
I have no doult that hundreds may be thousands of ill people have been treated like this, but what can we all do ?

Im saying contact your Labour MP"s on every situation, which occurs & what has happened to you, by letter, or email, they have got to respond to these its there job. the more we complain about whats happening to the people of this country, mainly the old & disable who may I had what built this country up for future generations. the main problem was that it was all manual work & hard work, we didnt have computers to do our work, they could"nt amyway.

Please contact your MP"s
Don"t leave it to the tory"s to knock us all down & die.

John

Comments

• John8378166
    Options
    Good Evening,
    When I read about service people who served this country being turned down PIP with there terrific injuries they have suffured doing a job for the goverment who sent them to protect this country of OURS.

My heart bleeds for them all, all can do & say don"t give up & say "oh well everybody in the boat" yes we all are, but lets not let it sink.

Fight for our & all our rights, which seems the Tory Goverment are taking away bit by bit. 

I say & so should say all the people of England, ENOUGH a ENOUGH stop your witch hunt on the DISABLE 

John
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello John and welcome

Unfortunately we hear your story a lot on the forums

Was this a new claim, review or change from DLA ?

Are you now appealing to the tribunal ?

It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and the criteria for an award. A good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @John8378166

Welcome my friend.

I’m so sorry to hear that you are stuck in this situation.

You will find on our site that you are not alone.

Please let me know if I can help you with this ????
  • John8378166
    Options
    Hi Steve,
    It seems that all PIPI atacks are on the vunarble people plus those coming close to retirement like myself.

I was brought up not to tell lies but it seems that the assessers are,  I feel sorry for them if thats what they have to do to keep there jobs.

The most hurtful comment she made was "yes we have alot of people like you"
    when I asked the question what do you mean "old miners".

What she didnt realise that I have over 47 years work behind me, but it doesnt matter now.

Going to fill in the form for appeal, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards John
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @John8378166

Many Many Thanks !!!!!

Yes they are all “Robots”

“Preinstalled”

Yes please let me know what help/support can I offer you ???
  • John8378166
    Options
    I'm sorry i haven't replied till now but to many things going on at the moment.
    It seems very unfair how the capital personnel treat people of my age & the younger people of this country who have a disability to carry with them and capital employees make such disgraceful lies on there reports. I live in S-o-T and the local football club want players (Stoke City) according to this accessor i'm fit to play for them, so becoming a professional football. LOL.
    but joking apart i'm so angry or should i say scared of the whole situation and of course the appeal when i get it. 

These Capital assessors are supposed to be professional in there area on illness that people have through no fault of their own but have to live their lives with the illness they have and not for forty minutes when being assessed. No consideration on this at all, like myself a FULL doctors report on having no feeling on both hands up to elbow and no feeling in both feet upto shin height.
    She failed to put this down even though a copy of Doctors letters stating that and also that i have degeneration of the spine with arthritis in spine and hips, strange how they miss these type of things off.

Sorry for the long letter, but people must fight back.
    John 8378166   
  • PIPESA
    PIPESA Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Please help.

I had my PIP assessment December 7th . First applied in 2015 and received 11 points for care and 14 for mobility. Mobility points 10/12 for unable to walk for more than 50 metres and 4 / 12 for issues ie anxiety and paranoia when planning / making journeys.

My support worker completed the interim report with the ' no change' tick box and extra medical evidence supporting that was obtained since first assessment.

I attended Capita assessment with my support worker. I received 6 points for care losing 5 on budgeting and medication issues and lost all 4 for planning journeys.
    Which means I lose all my Care component which also means I lose my Severe Disability payments linked to my ESA and and have also lost my high rate mobility.

We immediately requested  the Capita assessment for a  reconsideration and it seems most of my mental health issues were dismissed at the assessment and my support worker comments were ignored.

The report was fabricated in many places actually saying I crouched down, I wasn't even asked to do that and it has been impossible for many years so I couldn't of done it even if she HAD asked me. However my mobility stayed at 10 points?? It was my mental health issues that she would not consider and dismissed.

However on the assessment form it states her profession as'  Physiotherapist' ???

The DWP decision maker kept my mobility at 10 points because evidence is indisputable. However the making journey 4 points was totally taken off EVEN with evidence of anxiety and diagnosed PTSD and my care award dropped by 5 points on PURELY mental health reasons. As I said my mental health evidence HAD NOT CHANGED and I received 11 points for care and 14 for mobility on my 2015 PIP award  as I mentioned.

How can a physiotherapist judge my mental health in a 45 minute meeting which bought me to tears after half an hour through the stress of the situation. My breakdown and tears were not even mentioned ??? Thank heavens I took a witness.

But how can a physiotherapist give diagnosis on mental health issues which were  then supported by the decision maker??? HELP PLEASE.
    May I add..... I live in a supported living accommodation and have done for 2 1/2 years....all food made for me and have my medication stored and given to me in correct doses everyday by in-house support staff.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, many assessment reports are inaccurate.  Par for the course.  Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration (MR)?
  • PIPESA
    Options
    Hi Matilda thanks for replying. Yes my MR has been requested. We received the Capita assessment report on Thursday. When we discovered it was a physiotherapist who was judging and offering her opinions on my mental health .....which then caused the DWP decision maker to reduce my PIP award to virtually nothing. Ie £450 a month to £88 ie 11 points for care / 14 points mobility awarded n 2016 to  6 and 10 points respectively 18 months into a 3 year award. FIRST EVER CLAIM IN 2015. 

Same issues, same evidence but updated , living in supported accommodation since 2015....absolutely no change.

Worked till I was 49 in 2015...when degenerative physical and mental health stopped me in my tracks.....first claim in August 2015 put straight into ESA support group and applied for PIP the next month. Very ,very upset, confused, constantly tearful and wondering it it's worth carrying on.
  • Matilda
    Options
    @PIPESA

Many people have gone through what you are going through now but they have gone to appeal and won.  65% of tribunal appeals succeed so it's worth pursuing an MR and then appeal if necessary.  In my case, a tribunal increased my award from standard PIP both elements to enhanced both elements.

Atos and Capita are basket cases and DWP just rubber stamp their assessment reports.  Tribunals are impartial, with doctors and disability experts on them.  They reassess the evidence impartially and expertly which is why so many appeals succeed.

Don't let the jokers get you down and don't give up.  That's what the DWP want so don't let them win.

HCPs have very limited medical training and none are doctors.  My HCP was a paramedic, to assess someone with rheumatoid arthritis!

Good luck with the MR.  You have very good grounds for appeal.
  • PIPESA
    Options
    Thanks Matilda!! Appreciate your positive words and we'll done with your tribunal result. Will keep you updated with the outcome.

Just one more thing....I am still struggling with the descriptor changes on the " making a journey " etc. Am I not entitled to anything out of 12 with " just" ....psychological issues causing problems with planning and making journeys...as I lost the 4 points from my original award??
  • Matilda
    Options
    Sorry, @PIPESA, I don't really know anything about the descriptors you mention as I didn't claim in that category.  Suggest that you put your question in Ask a benefits advisor category where there are PIP experts.

Off the top of my head, I'd say that the loss of the 4 points probably is due to the incompetence of the assessor and that at appeal probably you would get those 4 points back.
  • PIPESA
    Options
    Thanks both for your responses. I am working with my support staff on the MR as we speak....
  • PIPESA
    Options
    It seems that the general consensus is that the DWP decision makers are causing further psychological distress to claimants by cunning misuse of the "re-branded" descriptors. Then using that loop hole to take points away or refuse claims that are evidentually sound....which then leads to MORE psychological stress.....it really is too unbelievable for words.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.