pips — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pips

lenh
lenh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer with arthritus in most of my body ,my wife works all day so i,am left to fend for my self , Some tasks are very difficult .could i claim pips , i,am on ESA work program benefit at the moment. your advice would be very welcome Len.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Hi @lenh, and welcome! I'd really recommend the online benefits calculator: just add your details, and it'll let you know what you may be entitled to claim, including PIP. Hope this helps!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi lenh and welcome

A good place to start is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sue52
    Sue52 Community member Posts: 78 Courageous
    Hi@lenh
    My experience of PIP was that I needed to describe what I could not do in a day. For example, 
    My daughter has to wash,dry my hair
    She lifts heavy pans out of the oven
    She hoovers
    She mops the floors
    PIP is about what you cannot do in the day not what you can do. If you are struggling with daily tasks I would certainly say from previous experience that you should ring them. 
    I to suffer from arthritis so although I was working daily living was a little difficult. 
    You cannot do the form online, you need to call the PIP helpline and put in a claim. You do need to supply medical evidence to them. 
    The number is 
    0800 917 2222 and your claim starts from the day you ring them
    Hope this helps 
    Sue 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.