Pip given me wrong points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip given me wrong points

Options
zzsa
zzsa Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, I’ve just received my pip award letter stating that I have higher rates for both components, the only problem is that they’ve given me 2 points for mananging toilet needs when I have never said that I have any problems on the toilet. I’m not sure if this was Just by error on the letter or if they’ve noted it down wrong when calculating because the thing I was suppose to receive points for I was scored 0. I have called to request my assessment report because I want to check what points the assessor has given me. I have not been paid yet and won’t be till next month so I do t think I am doing anything wrong? Will I get in trouble for not telling them straight away? I think that if I just phone and tell them they’ll cut the points off without looking through it. Any advice?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @zzsa, and welcome to the community! I've moved this post into our Talk about PIP/DLA category.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi zzsa and welcome

You have done the right thing requesting the report.
    Did you just score the bare 12 points DL ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • zzsa
    Options
    Hi zzsa and welcome

You have done the right thing requesting the report.
    Did you just score the bare 12 points DL ?

CR
    I got 12 on the mobility part and 13 on the care.. but if they take them 2 points away I will be on the lower rate. I should have been given a point for managing medication which would leave me with 12 points anyway but she’s given me 0 for that, not sure why. I double checked my copy of the form in case I had ticked it wrong but I did tick no for toilet needs.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes assessors do use a bit of common sense.
    You have score three points for needing assistance to get in and out of a bath or shower. Depending on why you need this help, if you have a balance issue for example, it can be linked to needing ( but not getting ) assistance with toilet needs. This could be as simple as a grab rail or raised seat even if you don't have one.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • zzsa
    Options
    Sometimes assessors do use a bit of common sense.
    You have score three points for needing assistance to get in and out of a bath or shower. Depending on why you need this help, if you have a balance issue for example, it can be linked to needing ( but not getting ) assistance with toilet needs. This could be as simple as a grab rail or raised seat even if you don't have one.

CR
    Oh okay, maybe I’m stressing for no reason then, because I use aids in the shower and did get three points for that maybe that’s why she done it as would be useful in the toilet. Thank you for your reply 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.