Carers Allowance wait after PIP Tribunal success? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers Allowance wait after PIP Tribunal success?

kevin888
kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
I won my tribunal in December and am now getting PIP Enhanced for both. Put in claim for CA for my wife from date my DLA stopped in May ( which my PIP backpay was from 29 weeks) so the CA will be backdated to that date but not heard anything from CA department? my PIP is now being paid and my latest ESA letter has the PIP award on it and states CA is now being taken from the ESA as it was with my DLA. Should I phone the CA dept and ask or will it automatically be paid? Thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It won't do any harm to ring them

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Carers Allowance is taking anything between 8-12 weeks. It maybe a while before you hear anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Thanks for answers Wife had letter today claim successful will be paid from 4th Feb says will have to wait longer for backpay because of my ESA? (My ESA increased while not having DLA or PIP, now back to rate it was when I had DLA)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.