Sds — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sds

Options
lissypie
lissypie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi got a question  my daughter was on contribution based esa now on income related what I would like to know is thet agency  who support her for social support have hiked her hrly rate bringing  her contribution up to £224 a mth spoke to social work and they have said  that her if her benefits hadnt went up then her contributions wouldn't but i dont know of i should have told them that  her esa had changed  from contributuon based to income related any info wpuld be great social have arranged with agency that the amount will stay the same until her budget is reviewed   it was welfare guy from Glasgow city council who csme and done benefit check so I just took it he would have told them not sure now

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    lissypielissypie,
    Thanks for your question, I'm afraid I don't know very much about how social care contributions are assessed. However, I do know that there is a minimum amount of income you have to be left with, so if her income from benefits has gone up then yes, I would expect her contribution to go up.

I'd suggest that you do make sure social work are aware that she is now on income-related ESA. However, my understanding is it's the amount of income you have that matters. If overall her income is higher then sooner or later she is going to have to pay a higher contribution.

You could also ask the welfare adviser from the city council to help you liaise with social work?

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• lissypie
    lissypie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply waiting  to be allocated a social worker regarding budget her contribution  goes up everyone this  is line with what social work and been informed of any increase so I just assumed this increase woukdbhsve been included if they know about every other increase 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.