PIP reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP reassessment

Options
heidiho
heidiho Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I’m new to this community,I’m hoping I may find a bit of advice in regard to my reassessment of PIP.?I lost my mobility element on this reassessment,despite being physically disabled,I have failed back surgery.I walk with crutches for very short disatances and have to be taken by wheelchair to go out anywhere.I applied for a mandatory reconsideration to PIP,I accompanied my letter with a copy from my GP and Physio explaining my disability and chronic back problems,I’ve lost all hope now as they’ve refused it again!, I’m not lying I physically can’t walk or assist to a lot of my personal care needs.Im so distressed by all of this,I can’t stop crying,I am going to appeal as I need the mobility car to be able to be taken to appointments,doctors ect.I guess the easiest way is to not bother,but even if it doesn’t help me it may help others! How can they overule the opinion of my GP and physio?thank you for reading my post,any advice will be very welcome 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello heidiho and welcome

This is very common to hear on the forums but do not lose hope, the succes rate at appeal is around 65%.

There is lots of info no here about the process please have a look around

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @heidiho, and welcome!

So sorry to hear that you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for and as CR says, it's well worth appealing. You can find advice on DWP appeals on the Scope website, and do let us know if you have any queries: many of our members have been through the process themselves and will be happy to advise. I hope today is as kind as possible to you!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.