PIP holiday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP holiday

Options
Welshman54
Welshman54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys and thank you for accepting me 

Comments

• Welshman54
    Welshman54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Can you please help.
    i have been receiving pip for the past 4 yrs,went on breaks to family in Spain last year and advised them of when I went and when I returned,when I returned in early December I was told that my benefit was stopped because I exceeded 13 weeks. I phoned and explained that I was of the impression that if I went for over 13 weeks at any one time my benefit would be suspended and not stopped , not once in the information they gave does it say " if you exceed 13 weeks in a year " your payment will stop.
    anyway when I phoned to query this they passed me from one department to another and the last department said my case manager would contact me ,that was mid December ,and as of yet no one has been in touch .please can you advise me ,thank you Tony
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Welshman54, and welcome!

Sorry to hear about your situation: hopefully one of our benefits advisors will be in touch soon and able to assist you further with this. Have you tried getting in touch with the DWP since you last heard from them? 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Welshman54
    It does say that the conditions of entitlement for PIP are:

They must have been present for at least 104 weeks out of the last 156 weeks in Great Britain.

A temporary absence abroad for up to 13 weeks may be allowed, or up to 26 weeks if the absence is specifically for medical treatment. The claimant should notify us if they are planning to go abroad for 4 weeks or more.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Debbie_Scope do you have any ideas on this?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.