Lost mobility element — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost mobility element

heidiho
heidiho Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all,I’m wondering if anyone may be able to offer me some advice,I had to complete a reassessment for my PIP,I was getting high rate mobility,my condition is now worse than when I claimed,I have failed back surgery,due to NHS negligence.I applied for a mandatory reconsideration,I included a copy of a letter from my GP and Physio,stating how bad my mobility is and that I need to be taken out by wheelchair,also stating my pain relief ect?I rang PIP today and they have still refused it!,I’m so upset and angry as I really wouldn’t apply for this benefit unless I genuinely didn’t need it.Im going to appeal,it seems so daunting,yet I have to fight with what little strength I have.My car was returned on the 2nd of January,I’m. It sure how I’m going to be able to get to my physio appointment next week?Im hoping that with a completely new set of people who can see and hear how my disability effects me,they may award my mobility back

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear about your experience, @heidiho. As Mike says, it sounds like you're preparing well and doing all the right things. If you haven't already, I'd also recommend reading the appealing a DWP decision guidance linked on your other recent discussion post too. Do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any assistance going forwards!
  • heidiho
    heidiho Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Many thanks for you advice,I think I need to concentrate more on how my disability affects me,as opposed to my GP and physio stating my disability.My GP did say I can't travel on public transport with ease.My physio did state my carer takes me to see her in my wheelchair.Im guessing as you say this is information in regard to disability.Im getting prepared today keeping a diary of what help I need,how long it takes and the impact /pain I suffer in doing these everyday activities.Is that more what I need to be focusing on? I guess for these assessors it's a blank canvas.Im not giving in as I was yesterday!! I cried so much in frustration and I was so indignant that even with professional letters support it wasn't acknowledged.My physio stated in her letter though than I can't do hydrotherapy due to the stress of arriving and being able to complete the session.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @heidiho

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to PIP in general including a draft diary that you can adapt.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.