How long for PIP tribunal appeal decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for PIP tribunal appeal decision?

kodi15
kodi15 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi
I just been for my pip tribunal appeal how long dose it take for them to get back to if you got it are not i dont no how it work thank you

Comments

• Katy_Alumni
    Katy_Alumni Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    Hi @kodi15 In most cases, you are asked to wait in a separate room while the decision is made but you are usually told the decision on the same day. 

Please see here for more information: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/appeals 

As you were not told the outcome on the same day, maybe they need further evidence regarding your appeal, but you should have been told what the next steps are regarding your appeal decision. I suggest calling the number on your appeal letter to find out what happens next.

Perhaps someone else on the online community has been in a similar situation who might be able to offer further advice based on their experience?

I hope this helps.

• kodi15
    They only said to me that they will wirte to me i applyed jan last year
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Sometimes they have not got time on the day to make their decision.  If you haven't heard after a week phone the tribunal clerk for an update.
  • kodi15
    I won my pip how long dose it take to get your back pay i phone pip up and they said the got 28 day to see if they want to fight against it 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kodi

normally the dwp take 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment unless they can find an error in law to challenge the decision

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.