Introduction to me and my M.E! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction to me and my M.E!

Options
Wraxall2008
Wraxall2008 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm a 36 year old, married Mother of 2 School aged children, under 16. My symptoms started and life changed massively after a Leaukeamia diagnosis in Nov 2013, followed by a severe Sepsis infection, I started noticing symptoms not long after. Now, all I can say is I feel as though I exist rather than live these days.

I'm within the 25% of the most severe ME sufferers. I also have Fibromyalgia among other health conditions that leave me unwell often. I've lost many "so called" friends along the way and my husband is also struggling with our circumstances at times.

I've gone from a fast paced, full time, working Mum of 2 to an almost always bedbound individual whom isn't able to work, albeit fighting to try to for a numbers of years.

I struggle with a lot of pain and fatigue daily and find these illnesses to be very isolating and lonely at times.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wraxall2008

A very big welcome to you this morning.

Yes Yes Yes I have “been & seen” everything that you have mentioned above.

Please please have a good look around our site.

If you have any “help  & support” requirements please please let me know????

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wraxall2008
    Welcome to the community, thanks for sharing your experiences.  The community is a warm and friendly space and I hope you enjoy chatting with others here.

It can be so tough to be housebound and it really affects your social life, I think the internet really helps to connect to other people and it can help to talk to others who understand
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • clarehoult
    clarehoult Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Wraxall2008,

I've suffered with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis for over 10 years now.  My marriage fell apart and I lost my job, I get sick of existing day to day. I've just lost my mum to lung cancer and having a hard time at the moment.

Brightness