Wages — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wages

wendy1
wendy1 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
Hi, can anyone tell me if I should be paid full wages when I'm off sick.

Comments

• Markinsutton
    Markinsutton Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    I think you should be able to get SSP Statutory Sick Pay either from your employer or I believe you can claim it yourself. You do need to be in full time employment not part time. Many employers have their own policies so if you can get onto a work intranet to find out what the sick pay policy is would be the best way to find out  

• wendy1
    I get £89 per week SSP but was told and have known another employee got full wages for 6 months.
  • Markinsutton
    Markinsutton Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    I think it really comes down to your companies policy as I believe most employers will offer you full wages but I think they don't have too. I was off sick due to my disabilities for a long time as they felt I was a health and safety risk. While I was under investigation I was given full wages but the company policy was only for 6 months then went on to SSP. So I would guess if you know someone who has, and you can find the policy you should be able too. It wasn't my GP who signed me off sick but my employer under the occupational health team as I said being disabled does not mean I am sick. Another area to look at is when returning to work after you have been signed of sick you have to say that you now feel better if the reason you are off sick is due to a disability like depression or something that doesn't go away like pain then it is up to your employer to make sure you are supported to get back to the health you where before you where signed off it doesn't help them if you are not made worse by not getting paid. Just a thought of another way to return to full time pay. not sure if this helps and I don't want to go into too much detail about my situation. 
  • wendy1
    I have abdominal pain very often and suffer very severe pain and now I have suffered a Nervous Breakdown and have Depression 

Brightness