PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
northsole
northsole Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi,,does anybody have any information on the new pip payments that are going to be given to over 150,000 claimants that has been in the news lately? Thankyou.

Comments

• STELLBHOY
    STELLBHOY Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Had letter come through post to tell me id no longer be getting PIP How Disabled Do You Have To Be!! I have various conditions ranging from Chronic Pain, I'm a Stoma Patient, Epilepsy, Also suffer with Depression & Anxiety :(
  • northsole
    northsole Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    omg that is so bad,,did you have a recent assessment with them?could you appeal?hope you get it sorted out and goodluck.
  • Wolvesmad
    Wolvesmad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Suffer with HAD (generalize anxietu) it's effecting my job and home life need someone Constance guidance don't like leaving the house and have panic attacks when I do leave the house to go to work 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello northsole

The new payments that you have heard on the news are probably in regard to Mobility, and specifically the Planning and Following descriptors. A high court found that the government acted unlawfully when they changed the rules last year. As such, the 'old rules' will now apply which means that psychological conditions and their effects are now included within certain Planning and Following descriptors.

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.