PIP denied after years of disability benefits and no change! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP denied after years of disability benefits and no change!

Peevs
Peevs Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My daughter who has aspergers had her first assessment in Dec. She has been in receipt of both DLA middle for care and PIP enhanced rate for care since she was a child. It was a renewal this time, so I ticked no change and we ended up at assessment. Received letter yesterday to say she has no points at all. Everything they say she can do are the points she can't do! It's like they're deliberately lying. I will be making the mandatory reassessment, but was wondering how everyone has found this and whether you had to go to appeal?  I'm so angry that she's gone from enhanced to them claiming she's cured!
Yvonne

Comments

• nicnokj
    nicnokj Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Fight it hunny and wile your waiting you will be paid x
  • Peevs
    They'e told me her award ended on the 11th Jan and she won' be getting anymore payments. Should she still be receiving them? 
    Yvonne
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Peevs

Unfortunately, your daughter will not be paid until a new award is made either after MR or appeal, when the payment will be backdated.  65% of appeals succeed.  Many on this forum have won appeals, myself included.

Many assessors are either incompetent and/or downright liars.

There is this group on Facebook who might be able to help with advice:

esa/dla/pipadviceandsupportUKonly

A FB friend of mine is a member.  Her son lost all his points after PIP assessment.  He got a second assessment and was awarded enhanced both elements.  I think my friend also contacted her MP.

There is also this PIP Mandatory Reconsideration letter tool which will generate a letter for you.

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool 

Also, you might be able to get f2f help locally either from CAB or similar organisation. Scope Helpline might be able to tell you about advice organisations in your area.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP.
  • Peevs
    Thank you Matilda. I will look at them all before Monday and get on the phone! The assessor we saw was a physio in a past life! So no idea of ASD!
    Yvonne
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Peevs

That will be a very good point to make in your mandatory reconsideration letter!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.