Feeling stupid but i am confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling stupid but i am confused

Options
ljuk75
ljuk75 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi i have recieved a decision by the court tribunal but i dont understand it says not entitled to daily living but is entitled to enhanced mobility from may of last year i dont understand how you can get enhanced mobility but only score a seven on the daily living.also it doesnt say what will happen now or if i have to do something i suffer with neads anxiety and depression can you let me know if i should be doing something thankyou

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome

You should ring the DWP to make sure that they have received a copy of the tribunal decision.
    The DWP normally put an award into payment 5-8 weeks following the decision
    They may ask the tribunal for a statement of reason which could add to the delay. If they do this then they are looking for an error in law on which to challenge the decision

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ljuk75
    Options
  • ljuk75
    Options
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi ljuk75,

There are 10 daily living activities that you can score points on - briefly they are cooking, eating, taking medication, washing and bathing, toileting, dressing and undressing, communicating, reading, engaging with people and budgeting - they are all daily activities that we all need to do.
    Separately, there are 2 mobility activities that you can score points on - planning and following journeys and moving around. 
    It sounds like you scored 7 on daily living therefore you are not awarded that component as you needed to score 8 or more. If you have been awarded the enhanced rate for mobility then you have scored 12 or more.
    You could get both components, just the one or just the other depending on the points scored. They don't depend on the other. 
    You don't have to do anything at this point if you are happy with the decision. The tribunals service will send the same copy of the decision that you've had to the DWP, and unless they decide to appeal they should pay you within 6 weeks.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• ljuk75
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.