Will I receive a copy of my assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I receive a copy of my assessment?

joellie12
joellie12 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi does anybody know if i will still receive a copy of my f2f assessment that I requested or will I have to wait even longer as the case manager sent it back to the assessor for more information any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Comments

• peasgood3
    peasgood3 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    edited January 2018
    From my experience -
    I would suggest just ringing them on a regular basis to ask for an update. If they are deliberately trying to delay things, they wiil get fed up with you constantly contacting them and will give up a copy. You have the right to see it, especially as your award is based on it.

It might be a good sign that the case manager has asked for more info though!

If you are thinking of asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration, do bear in mind that there is a time limit for you to request this and though it would be good to see what the assesment says, so you are armed with knowledge, delaying your request based on not getting the assesment may not be sufficient grounds for missing the deadline - just a thought.

Also please DO contact the Citizens Advice (CAB) as they have people who specifically deal with benefits cases and will hopefully help shoulder a lot of anxiety and stress.
  • joellie12
    joellie12 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thanks for that as they have had the report from the 19th Dec 17 and it only got sent back to the assessor on the 18th Jan just getting a bit worried as it is the first time I have claimed your reply is very much appreciated thank you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.