Pip claim turned down — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip claim turned down

carey4
carey4 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was on dla low rate mobility high care from the age of 20 to 41 I have epilepsy personality disorder and over 20 years have took 30/40 overdoses.my pip was turned down I haven't contacted the tribunal too look at it as yet and that was seven months ago.
I was raped in 2014 and another court case has made me suicidal and slashing my arms I could not cope but know I need to as I know I'm entitled to it...
What do I do who will help me.I can't cope

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carey4

Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your struggles. Are you getting any support at all for your mental health? 

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

You might like to speak to someone about the assault you faced, the Rape Crisis national freephone helpline on 0808 802 9999 (12-2.30pm and 7-9.30pm every day of the year) or look at the Rape Crisis website.

Regarding your PIP appeal, if you want to give a few more details maybe we can help? Did you go through Mandatory Reconsideration and then to tribunal? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi carey and welcome

Although you can submit a late appeal if you can show good reason, it might be simpler to just make a new claim.
    You should get f2f advice from CAB or similar

It is important to understand the PIP points system, descriptors and criteria for an award. A good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Julieann63
    Julieann63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited September 2018
    Hi I have been on pip for the past two and half this time I got awarded no points if I put straight in for it would this assessment be taken into consideration 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I have been on pip for the past two and half this time I got awarded no points if I put straight in for it would this assessment be taken into consideration 
    If you mean re-apply, why you would do this rather than ask for the MR then Tribunal? If they refused you once and you re-apply with the same evidence then it's highly likely you'll be refused again. 

Best thing to do is ask for the MR first then Tribunal if that fails. If you succeed at either of these then your money will be backdated to the start of your claim. 

Speak to your local CAB or welfare rights for help with the process. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julieann63
    Julieann63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks I am going to tribunal thanks for your advise 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.