won appeal now this - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

won appeal now this

Options
2»

Comments

• jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    will do but I'm getting peed off now its been since last june for us 
  • rosie55
    rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
    You had any updates yet x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually takes DWP 5-8 weeks after tribunal to action the decision. It is always good to check that DWP has received the decision as they can and do "mislay" them sometimes.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rosie55
    Options
    We are at the stage of waiting for sors to be sent out from tribunals ? X
  • jjdd70
    Options
    finally sorted has been done just have to wait now 28 days took over 8 weeks before judge had done it
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    @rosie55
    Hello, the people I know locally who have been to appeal over their pip decision and won have all received this same letter, so almost certainly nothing to worry about. Like what has already been said in the comments above, probably just another discouragement tactic. Put it in a drawer and forget about it.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @rosie55
    Hello, the people I know locally who have been to appeal over their pip decision and won have all received this same letter, so almost certainly nothing to worry about. Like what has already been said in the comments above, probably just another discouragement tactic. Put it in a drawer and forget about it.
    When I was a lad we would have made better use of it, hung on a nail in the outhouse :)

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jjdd70
    Options
    sorry forgot to mention the statement of reason has now been done just have to wait 28 days now judge took over 8 weeks to do it now just waiting
  • rosie55
    Options
    Yours has took a while .it took bout 2 1/2 weeks for me to get a letter saying it's going into payment.x
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Well I  had to go to my Work Related ESA assessment today so I thought I would explain what happened and ask if anyone has experienced the same. I was authorized a taxi by the DWP after sending them a letter from my GP. My appointment was for 11.30 and I was called for at 11.45. By 12.03 my assessment was over!! I suffer from various disabilities and had sent in quite a bit of correspondence from doctors, consultants and clinics but I was only asked about one of my disabilities which is faecal incontinence. I now have to use a machine to empty my bowel to try and help with this problem, I am struggling with this at the moment as I have only had it a few weeks. This was the only disability they asked me about and I was only asked a couple of questions. They then said someone would phone me in a couple of weeks with their decision. I am very worried about the fact that I was only in 18 minutes, this has never happened before and I have never had a phone call regarding a decision. Anyone else had this experience? 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck with the outcome @Rosie2017, do keep us updated. Fingers crossed that you'll hear back soon and you get the outcome you're hoping for.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Rosie2017,

They do quite often ring people now, but you should get a written decision too. If it's not what you think it should be, do make sure you ask for the assessor's report and get advice on the forum about asking for a mandatory reconsideration, if you need to.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks Hopefully it won't get to Appeal stage as I haven't got the strength to go through another Appeal after my PIP last year! Just back to the waiting game now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.