RE APPLY FOR PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

RE APPLY FOR PIP

dottydotty
dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HOW SOON CAN I RE APPLY FOR PIP AFTER MY AWRD HAS BEEN STOPPED FOLLOWING AN UNSUCCESSFULL ASSESSMENT 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dottydotty, have you considered appealing the decision instead of reapplying? I saw on a previous post that you'd requested your assessment report and found errors, so you might want to look into doing a mandatory reconsideration first. Let me know what you think and if you need any assistance with this. 
  • dottydotty
    Hi PippaaScope    thankyou for your  reply to my post ,  I have today sent a  detailed letter outline  the observation and recording  errors (  not audio  recording written )  ,I   didn't criticise too much as I know that will not score points ,Also I have complained to Capita  regarding  the errors ,  Trouble is  I reach 65 in August  so time is not on my side ,as PIP is only kept after the  age of 65 if the award still  stands , If I get no joy from my RM  I was wondering if I could just reapply for Pip. I believe tribunals  are lengthy  processes. I have got help from CAB  they compiled my letter ,otherise it would have rambled  on and  on .   . It  is now a waiting game . If I do need any help  thankyou will  keep in  touch . 
  • dottydotty
    PippaScope  Still waiting decision reagarding  my PIP RM .   My  assessors  report  repeatedly mentions  anxiety , I believe the reason for this was to lessen my chances of scoring points ,, however now the Govt have stepped in and changed the ruling  .do you think it might increase my chances of winning my reconsideration and getting my previous  award reinstated .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back yet, @dottydotty!

With PIP, it's not so much the individual condition that affects your points, but rather how the condition affects you and your life. So in my eyes, reporting or using the word anxiety shouldn't have an impact on what you score, only how it affects you. Does that make sense?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi dottydotty

If you have no award in payment then there is no waiting time to re apply for PIP.
    However you should concentrate on your MR and appeal forthe time being.
    As long as you reapply , if necessary, before  you retirement age then you will still have the option to MR and appeal based on that claim even after 65

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dottydotty
    CockneyRebel  thahankyou  I realise  the RM and Tribunal are the best way to go forward but , having been on DLA  transferred to Pip successfully , then this last assessment award taken off me . I wondered if I could just reapply   .Regarding  my Anxiety my Assessor recorded I was in a2 happy mood and very relaxed ." No mention of the panic attack I had whist having the assessment .Along with numerous other discrepancies .  
  • dottydotty
    lillybelle  Yes anxiety does has a profound effect on daily life ,  but I received only 2 points across all the descriptors . The assessor has recorded anxiety throughout my report .     The decision maker wrote in her letter  " I have changed the descriptor choices  previously chosen " ,  I assume they mean the assessors  choices , as the last pip form I filled in was in 2014 . Just find it very confusing .
  • dottydotty
    CockneyRebel   You answered a question for me regarding    re apply for pip.  My award was taken from me ,.I am still awaiting my MR decision . If I was to re apply now . would the RM affect any new Pip  application , hinder / deter it ?
  • mandyqks
    mandyqks Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Appeal! Sometimes the initial assessment fails pretty much automatically it seems. A family member had a similar experience and will appeal...THIS time with help from someone who advocates regularly for losing applications. Wishing you the very best :)
  • dottydotty
    mandyqks  thankyou for the encouragement . I am finding the whole business so stressful just wondered if I should reapply .  I will wait and see what my reconsideration decision letter says . 
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Hi PippaaScope    thankyou for your  reply to my post ,  I have today sent a  detailed letter outline  the observation and recording  errors (  not audio  recording written )  ,I   didn't criticise too much as I know that will not score points ,Also I have complained to Capita  regarding  the errors ,  Trouble is  I reach 65 in August  so time is not on my side ,as PIP is only kept after the  age of 65 if the award still  stands , If I get no joy from my RM  I was wondering if I could just reapply for Pip. I believe tribunals  are lengthy  processes. I have got help from CAB  they compiled my letter ,otherise it would have rambled  on and  on .   . It  is now a waiting game . If I do need any help  thankyou will  keep in  touch . 
    hi doty  i complaint to capita about lies they just ignore you and tell you a load rubbish and like you im 64 so only a year left  my acesmant was a joke and full of lies and person not reg to do assessments
     in first place waste time and effort if im honest  but plod on you just might be one of the lucky ones

• lainie1966
    lainie1966 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Def complain to capita re the assessor.. point out every discrepancy. You can apply for PIP straight away tbe man recon wont affect it. Send any complaints recorded delivery. 2nd class recorded delivery should cost under £1 and then you have the all important evidence - well at least 1 bit of it. Good luck.
  • dottydotty
    maid08  Our ages do mean we don't have long to be messed around with tribunals  etc . so thought I would just chance it with a new application, . after 65 it would be Attendance  allowance  and that has no mobility .so really wanted to get my award reinstated . 
  • dottydotty
    lainie1966    I am awaiting a repy from Capita  , I have gone through the report and highlighted all the discrepancies  etc .    I might just send for the Pip application form  ,then when  I get my decision from Man Con I can decide what to do. At the moment I have nothing  to lose . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.