Esa and withdrawing from University — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa and withdrawing from University

Options
Katrina78
Katrina78 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in Education
Hello,

I'm currently a full time MA student and I'm in receipt of esa and pip. I notified the Dwp of the change and my esa was reduced due to the student postgrad loan.
I've been really really struggling and have missed so many classes and deadlines. This has happened due to my awful anxiety and resulting depression. I also have a Neurological Disorder stemming from
both that brings other issues with it.
I am just wondering, If I officially withdraw from the course, and notify student finance, will my original amount of esa be reinstated?
very unsure what to do. 
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Katrina78

Welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the Disabled Student Advisor category where I hope @melaniethorley may be able to offer some support.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Katrina78
    Katrina78 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, that's great
  • melaniethorley
    melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Katrina and thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear you are struggling and the dilemma you are facing. I interrupted my doctorate for two years because of my own ill-health. I am not sure of the answer as you have received funding for your PG. Whilst I do not know the answer, I know the Disability Rights UK will have the answer. They have loads of information on their website about funding and benefits. They also have a student helpline phone number which is free from UK landlines. The phone number is 0330 995 0414.

I would also talk to your personal tutor/supervisor as honestly as you are comfortable with. Your attendance may not be an issue if you can still access the materials, and extenuating circumstance requests are put in place for situations such as this.

I hope this helps
    melanie

Brightness