I take pip to court didn't win — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I take pip to court didn't win

Smithkaty123
Smithkaty123 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I take pip to court didn't win what can I do next I have learned different 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Smithkaty123
    Welcome to the community, so have you been through the whole appeal, and been to tribunal?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Smithkaty123
    I have been to tribunal 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Smithkaty123

Did you get a reason why you lost at tribunal?

The CAB say:

If you lose your appeal, you’ll be sent a guide with an official notice that explains your options. Sometimes it’s possible to appeal to a higher level of tribunal, called the Upper Tribunal, if you think your tribunal made a mistake in law, but you can’t appeal just because you disagree with the result.
    If you’re thinking about challenging the decision, get advice from your local Citizens Advice in England and Wales or in Scotland to check if you have grounds to appeal again.
    You can reapply for PIP and start the process again, but unless something has changed you’re unlikely to get a different decision.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    @Smithkaty123

First of all, you need to ask the Tribunal judge for a statement of reasons (SOR) why they refused your appeal - you have 28 days from the date of the Hearing. Write to the Clerk to the Tribunal.  

I disagree that if you reapply you will necessarily get the same decision unless something has changed.  For example, next time your application might be better worded and/or you might explain your disabilities better at assessment.  

Try and get some local f2f help.  Scope Helpline might be able to tell you of CAB or similar in your area.

And Disability Rights UK site have a good guide to all stages of PIP including a draft diary you can adapt.  Always good to include a 7 day diary with your application.

Remember, you get points for how your conditions affect you, not for the conditions themselves.

• Smithkaty123
    Where do I have to go from here to get a form there say I can do first tigs
  • Matilda
    Did someone help you to make your first PIP claim and then to make your appeal submission?  Can that person help you to make a fresh PIP claim?
  • Smithkaty123
  • Matilda
    I am unable myself to offer any more advice.  Perhaps another member could help.
  • Smithkaty123
  • Smithkaty123
    Call pip to make a new application where can I get help from to do the forms
  • Matilda

Try and get some local f2f help.  Scope Helpline might be able to tell you of CAB or similar in your area.

And Disability Rights UK site have a good guide to all stages of PIP including a draft diary you can adapt.  Always good to include a 7 day diary with your application.

Remember, you get points for how your conditions affect you, not for the conditions themselves.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.