PIP face to face assessment lies, — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP face to face assessment lies,

mazzy1950
mazzy1950 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I had face to face PIP assessment Dec 6 2017 previously had PiP from 2013 to Dec had letter taking PIP away but the reasons for it had lots of lies luckily I had a friend with me ! They said I could touch the floor with my hands I wish can hardly bend that I was coherent I was very anxious and cried a lot no mention of my 24/7 pain I honestly thought their opinions where from another interview was so upset still am with their downright lies.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you asked DWP for a copy of the assessor's report and are you going to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and then appeal if necessary?

Unfortunately, many assessors tell lies.   People lose points but get them back at tribunal.  65% of appeals succeed.
  • mazzy1950
    Went and saw local CAB rep who done the Mandatory reconsideration for me just over a week ago awaiting their reply. 
  • Allen
    Allen Community member Posts: 55 Listener
    I know I’m used to liars because most of my family do it not me though 
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hello mazzy
    Hope you manage to get a good outcome from your MR so you don't end up having the extra stress of taking things to a tribunal.  The fact that you had a friend with you as a witness unfortunately does not seem to count for much in the eyes of the decision maker at DWP.  Been there got the T shirt!

I was not even able to attend my last PIP assessment but the HCP still somehow managed to carry out a full medical assessment and guess what.....Nothing at all wrong with me.

It is beyond belief how such a large number of these so called Health Care Professionals can get away with telling such downright lies and cause so much havoc for people who are already too ill to defend themselves.........Shame on them and something really needs to be done pronto to put a stop to it.

The accusation of being called a fraudster (because that is what they are saying) is so upsetting and does make you cry. Past crying now though I'm now in fight mode.

Love and best wishes x Rosie
  • andyjs
    andyjs Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I had lots of lies told twice for my esa which i lost  have cronic copd  cant walk far because of this and a very bad back ...and all i got points for was my depression ..these so called assessors are liers because there payed to get people into work.. i could loose my flat because of this  and end up homeless again 
  • mazzy1950
    Had the Mandatory reconcideration letter this morning as expected PIP still refused another load of lies on letter.
    im not giving up even though it’s making my health worse. 
  • westonwarrior
    westonwarrior Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Mazzy you have to carry on trust. Me you have chance of having ur pips changed. Make sure you have let tribunal see any new evidence before the 18th 
    Westonwarrior x 
  • Diment
    Diment Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    The PIP system  Is rubbish it was better  with DLA  it seriously  needs looking at as I am waiting for tribunal ďate i can't  believe  the lies they tell iwear bifocal glasses  on there report says I can see and read without glasses  and walk more than 50 meters  unaided but I use a walking stick  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Diment, and sorry to hear about your experiences. You, and others on this thread, may like to take a look at our advice on appealing a DWP decision. Do keep us updated, too- we'll assist where we can.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.