PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip

ArnoldArnold Member Posts: 35 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Received my letter today about my pip assessment I have been told in the letter because I did not give a good enough reason for missing assessment they are stopping my dla and I don't qualify for pip  I had lifetime award for dla both high rate but I am going to phone first tommorw and follow it up with a letter what do you think!!!!!

Replies

• wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    @Arnold
                  Can you tell us more about how and why you missed going to your assessment. If you had good reason and you notified them before hand they should give you another assessment date. 
  • ArnoldArnold Member Posts: 35 Listener
    I had my first appointment the 4/12 at 8 10am which was to early so rang them right away and was told to come on the 27 I assumed this was January I phoned on the 27/12 at 1pm and was told my app was that day at 1 10 told them there's been a misunderstanding about the date    they said I could go on the 29/12 at 4 55 she told me to promise her 100% that I would attend    I attended as was told my assessment had been cancelled I was not Very pleased as my son had lost 2hrs of work to take me know I've had a letter stating my money will end on the 6/2 as I did not give a good enough reason for missing the app !!¡
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    @Arnold

I suggest either you ask in Ask  a benefits advisor category and /or phone Scope Helpline when they are open and/or go to a CAB or similar locally.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,296 Disability Gamechanger

Okay, so, as ever, you need to initially do a mandatory reconsideration asap i.e. within one month of the decision. You need to explain the story as you describe above but probably in more detail. It will help to explain whether the DWP or assessment provider signed you up for texts and whether those texts in fact arrived or were misleading (they include second as part of the time, which can be problematic for example). You need to be very clear on the chronology; what arrived when and what you misunderstood and why. Where you have wrongly assumed things you need to explain why and why that was reasonable (IF it was in fact reasonable. Not all assumptions are.). Nothing more to it than that at this stage.

Cover all the bases and you've given yourself a chance. If you then have to appeal then you basically use the same wording for the appeal.

• ArnoldArnold Member Posts: 35 Listener
    I've phoned them today explained situation there going to put it to a case manager but I've sent a letter recorded so they can't say they haven't received it I've put more detail in the letter and also told them on the phone I'm seeing my local MP and member of parliament jack dromey they told me to phone Friday I told them all I wanted was an assememt  I also told them my daughter in law was coming to the assessment with me if I get one as she's training to be a social worker and she's covering pip at the moment !!!!
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,296 Disability Gamechanger

I've expressed this elsewhere but recorded delivery is throwing good money after bad. You're sending post to a privately run mail centre where any old person could sign for it and then lose it immediately as it goes to be scanned. More important to ensure you have retained a copy.

Whilst it will be useful to have another person at any other assessment I doubt the training a social worker gets on PIP will assist the process very much.

Please also be aware that contacting your MP can cause a slow down to the whole challenge process as it may require the location and recall of your file so they can create a dummy file to deal with the MP query.

Better to focus on the MR. Everything is spreading yourself too thin to potentially little gain. The response to the MP will be "The claimant has an MR and if that fails then they can appeal."

Sign in or join us to comment.