Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Arnold
Arnold Community member Posts: 35 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Received my letter today about my pip assessment I have been told in the letter because I did not give a good enough reason for missing assessment they are stopping my dla and I don't qualify for pip  I had lifetime award for dla both high rate but I am going to phone first tommorw and follow it up with a letter what do you think!!!!!

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Arnold
                  Can you tell us more about how and why you missed going to your assessment. If you had good reason and you notified them before hand they should give you another assessment date. 
  • Arnold
    I had my first appointment the 4/12 at 8 10am which was to early so rang them right away and was told to come on the 27 I assumed this was January I phoned on the 27/12 at 1pm and was told my app was that day at 1 10 told them there's been a misunderstanding about the date    they said I could go on the 29/12 at 4 55 she told me to promise her 100% that I would attend    I attended as was told my assessment had been cancelled I was not Very pleased as my son had lost 2hrs of work to take me know I've had a letter stating my money will end on the 6/2 as I did not give a good enough reason for missing the app !!¡
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Arnold

I suggest either you ask in Ask  a benefits advisor category and /or phone Scope Helpline when they are open and/or go to a CAB or similar locally.
  • Arnold
    I've phoned them today explained situation there going to put it to a case manager but I've sent a letter recorded so they can't say they haven't received it I've put more detail in the letter and also told them on the phone I'm seeing my local MP and member of parliament jack dromey they told me to phone Friday I told them all I wanted was an assememt  I also told them my daughter in law was coming to the assessment with me if I get one as she's training to be a social worker and she's covering pip at the moment !!!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.