ESA Stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Stopped

Meadow
Meadow Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I have clinical depression, anxiety, psoriasis. Insomnia. 

DWP stopped my ESA benefit as I was to unwell to attend vigorous as they put it assessment test in November. 14/12/17 last payment. They have given me the run around passed from pillar to post and refused to accept my doctors letters and even the MPS. Meanwhile nothing to live on! CAB said claim JSA sent 18 miles twice round trip to JDA Centre no i am not allowed JSA as im unfit for work.... I despair. This happened under ian duncan **** now all again. Tribunal now a year. Last  time the independent judge shouting at me! Is this government ever going to care for disability ? Sadly not

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Meadow, and welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, it sounds like this has been a long and exhausting process for you and I'm really sorry you're having to go through it. Just to clarify, are you preparing for another tribunal at the moment?
  • Meadow
    Yes. Unfortunately it is 6 miles to the library and cab for help. I await for them to call back whilst no income 7 weeks. Angry, sad no words to describe the treatment of DWP. Immoral 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry @Meadow, it must be so frustrating for you. Do keep us updated on your progress and we'll advise where we can. We also have plenty of friendly community members, many of whom have unfortunately had similar experiences, who you might like to chat to in the meantime.
  • Meadow
    Thank you much appreciated. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.